Artificial Intellingence to manage the traffic of trucks in the port of Ancona area and digitalisation of information flows for evolutive customs procedures: these are the main features of SMART–C, EU project within CEF framework, for the improvement of the quality of traffic related to ferry services – embarking and disembarking operations, security checks and customs clearing procedures – and the development of a suitable answer to the truck traffic growth, with a special care about the environmental sustainability.
This session aims at analysing the EU vision and strategies concerning Customs procedures digitalisation and the potential future developments of Artificial Intelligence applied to Transport and Logistics industry, focusing on SMART-C project use case.
Evolutive Customs Corridors: AI and digitalisation for sustainability, port efficiency and cargo security
Chairman: Alexio Picco, EU Funding Expert and Circle Group Managing Director
The role of digitalisation and evolutive Customs procedures: EU vision and strategies
- Szymon Oscislowski, Responsible for the Digital Transport and Logistic Forum, DG MOVE
- Frank Janssens, Consultant on Trade Facilitation, Customs Digitalisation and Single Window establishment
Evolutive Customs Corridor in the Port of Ancona | SMART-C project
- Matteo Paroli, Managing Director – Central Adriatic Ports Authority
- Danilo Bottone, Head of Organisation, Research and Digital Transition Office – Organisation and Digital Transition Directorate, Italian Customs and Monopolies Agency
The enabling technology: artificial intelligence in Transport and Logistics
- Andrea Lagomarsini, CTO, Senior Software Architect and Developer – Hyperion
ABOUT CONNECTING EU INSIGHTS | “Connecting EU insights” is a week-long event composed by virtual meetings designed to gain an accurate and deep understanding of pivotal topics for the development of the maritime industry and its green transition.