COREALIS proposes a strategic, innovative framework, supported by disruptive technologies, including Internet of Things (IoT), data analytics, next generation traffic management and emerging 5G networks, for cargo ports to handle upcoming and future capacity, traffic, efficiency and environmental challenges.
- Embrace circular economy models in its port strategy and operations.
- Reduce the port’s total environmental footprint associated with intermodal connections and the surrounding urban environment for three major transport modes (road/truck, rail and inland waterways).
- Improve operational efficiency, optimise yard capacity and streamline cargo flows without additional infrastructural investments.
- Enable the port to take informed medium-term and long-term strategic decisions and become an innovation hub of the local urban space.
Port Forward aims at creating a green and sustainable ecosystem for the EU Port of the Future: a Smart, Green and Interconnected Port. Specifically:
- IoT Enabled Port (Legacy port services, City sensors / services, Environmental Services, AR Devices, Tracking sensors, Cameras).
- Connectivity (Default, LPWAN, Wireless GW).
- Port Forward Cloud (PortForward Dashboard, Virtual Port, Green yard scheduling, LCA, AR-based applications, Intelligent maintenance tool, Decision Support, Middleware).
- Enhancing the acquisition, processing and communication of operational data to be potentially gathered and leveraged for optimising multi-modal-ports activities.
- Need of decreasing ports’ environmental impacts.
- Enabling small and medium size ports to contend with the larger ones achieving flexible operations, better capacity management and empowering port-city relation by adequate technology enablers.
Innovation concept: bringing every port a step closer to the Port of the Future.