London, United Kingdom, October 2018
At a recent meeting in London at the Baltic Exchange, heads of the world’s leading associations for the world port community met to establish a roundtable with the view to establishing a stronger, unified voice of the port sector in the maritime industry as a whole.
Each association drew up its main priorities moving ahead with all parties agreeing to collaborate closely on existing and new projects and programmes, particularly those associated with meeting IMO regulations on safety, environment and operations.
During the discussion, follow up actions were planned on several projects and programmes in which several Roundtable member organisations are already involved together:
- Maritime Anti-Corruption Network (MACN): FONASBA, ICHCA, IAPH, IMPA, ISSA – www.maritime-acn.org
- Navigating a Changing Climate: IAPH, IMPA
- Taskforce Port Call Optimisation: IHMA, IAPH
- World Ports Sustainability Program: IAPH, ICHCA
- Maritime Anti-Corruption Network (MACN): FONASBA, ICHCA, IAPH, IMPA, ISSA