Inter-Pass (Intermodal Passengers Connectivity between Ports and Airports) is a project funded under the Interreg ADRION program involving Aeroporti di Puglia SpA, Autorita’ di Sistema Portuale del Mare Adriatico Meridionale (AdSP – Southern Adriatic Sea Port Authority) and other organisations, with a budget of €164,090 ($191,950) and €151,402 ($177,110) respectively.

The project period is January 2018 to December 2019. The total INTER-PASS budget, approved by the Program, amounts to €1.49 million ($175,47 million) of which, 85% is co-financed through the European Development Fund Regional (ERDF), while the remaining 15%, for Italian partners, is insured by a state loan approved by CIPE.

Aeroporti di Puglia SpA and the AdSP are the only two Italian beneficiary partners, while the associated partner is Venezia Terminal Passeggeri SpA. There are also six other beneficiary partners from Croatia (4) and Greece (2): Airport of Dubrovnik (leading partner), Dubrovnik Port Authority, Pula Airport, Port Authority of Pula, Croatia, Technological Institute (TEI) of Epirus and Port Authority of Corfu SA, for Greece.

The overall objective of the INTER-PASS project is to improve the intermodal connections between the ports and airports of the Adriatic-Ionian Region, in order to improve the management of the flow of passengers, especially cruise passengers and travellers, who reach tourist destinations located on the coasts of the Adriatic and the Ionian Seas during the high season.

The project will produce three results:

1) The creation of a cooperation network on intermodal and multimodal connectivity between ports and airports located in the Adriatic-Ionian region. The network will be the place where partners and other stakeholders will exchange information and discuss innovative solutions (techniques, methods, operational codes, etc.) that could be easily adapted and used in the Adriatic-Ionian context.

2) The development of an action plan for each territory for the definition of solutions to be tested and implemented in the cities involved. Furthermore, a test will be carried out on four pilot-specific actions, to be implemented in the cities of Dubrovnik, Pula, Bari and Corfù during the project implementation period, with the aim of improving the management of tourist flows between ports and airports.

3) The development of a common integrated strategic plan for multimodal transport of passengers between ports and airports to be shared with other ports, airports and authorities located in the Adriatic-Ionian region.

The kick-off meeting of INTER-PASS was held in Dubrovnik on January 30-31, 2018, and saw the presentation of the partners, in addition to the work plan sharing, of the timing and results of the project. During the implementation of INTER-PASS, another four project meetings are planned for an international conference to be held in Bari on 12 September 2018 at the next edition of the Fiera del Levante.

Aeroporti di Puglia SpA and the AdSP wish that INTER-PASS, in addition to achieving the project objectives described above, can act as a stimulus and contribute to the future collaboration between the partner states involved in the program and which can also improve the understanding of problems related to air traffic and maritime connectivity.

Source: PortSEurope